PHOTOS BY – LINC.M
Wake up and blend up a good old green smoothie! I’ve been using green smoothies as my meal replacement every morning when I’m on the go. Sometimes my schedule can be very demanding, I’m usually out the door heading to meetings, shoots, events, or showroom visits, so a smoothie for breakfast is the perfect alternative for a girl on the go like me (who doesn’t have much time to sit down and eat). Green smoothies also have so many health benefits and advantages if you drink it on a daily basis. Lately I’ve been going by this motto of “don’t skip it, sip it” and so far I’ve been follow through with this tasty recipe that I’ve listed below. Also, here are 5 health benefits of green smoothies.
1. Green smoothies offer pure nutrition! There are numerous amounts of vitamins you’ll get (depending on the fruits and vegetables you choose for the smoothie). Most fruits and vegetables are high in vitamins A & C. I also really like avocados in my smoothies as well it provides high amounts of potassium and magnesium.
2. Green smoothies are much healthier than fruit or vegetable juices. When juices are extracted, you get vitamins and minerals but no fiber. However, smoothies are made using the whole fruit/vegetable, so you get all the fiber in your drink.
3. Green smoothies are easy and quick to make. The only equipment you need is a blender.
NOW FOR MY RECIPE
1 SERVING OF OLLY VANILLA PROTEIN
1 TABLESPOON OF MATCHA
1 WHOLE BANANA (SLICED)
1 HANDFULL OF SPINACH
1 CUP OF ALMOND MILK
For protein, I usually used a plant-based protein like this one here from OLLY. Protein is essential for your body’s key function like your immune system, energy production, and muscle strength.
THE GOODS OF PLANT-BASED PROTEIN BLEND
– PEA PROTEIN: A plant protein packed with essential amino acids to keep your body firing on all cylinders.
– GOLDEN CHLORELLA: The planet’s original super food — a naturlaly nutrient dense protein, with carotenoids and healthy fats.
– FLAX: A whole food protein source with a boost of omega – 3 fatty acids and phytonutrients.
– WHOLE FOOD FIBER: The multi-source blend gives you 5 grams of fiber from apple, cassava root and flax to help support healthy, balanced digestion.
– WHOLE FOOD VITAMINS: The blend is packed with vitamin sources from 12 organic fruits and veggies.
I added a tablespoon of matcha because I liked the flavor it gives (this is totally optional! I’m just posting how I like my smoothies)
For the fruits and veggies feel free to use whatever you like. For me I just prefer bananas and spinach (since I always have them in my fridge).
For the liquids I usually add soy milk or almond milk (depending what’s in the fridge), but feel free to add water, coconut water, hemp milk, cold pressed green juice, or cashew milk.
And now for the fun part, just add all preferred ingredients, blend, and enjoy! The recipe is fast, easy, and is packed with so many health benefits. I hope you guys enjoyed this post, and if you head to OLLY website you’re able to shop more protein flavors along with many recipes for smoothies to try.